Friday 13 December 2013

What do I want to do with my life?

'What do I want to do with my life?' A question I get a lot lately. I have just finished high school and I'm now in my first year of college. Around this time you are supposed to know what you want to become and what your life goals are. And to be honest, I have no idea what I want to become nor what I want to achieve in life.

 Going to college is a huge step because you basically decide what you're going to be doing the rest of your life. If you choose to study law, you'll most likely do something law later, if you choose science then I guess you're becoming a science person or a scientist, whatever you want to call it. So there's a lot of pressure on you. You have to make the right choice now or you're going to have to do something that you don't like for the rest of your life. And nobody wants that.
It's like taking a leap in the dark, you don't if you're going to like it or not. You think long and hard about it, but in the end, you'll never be sure of you're choice. You could end up loving what you do or hating it. That's what makes the decision so scary. Sometimes people don't understand that, they don't realize how stressful making this choice is. They think we can just decide over our future in one day, because you know it's not like it's one of the most important decisions of our lives (ahem).

It's not just other people that ask me this, I ask this myself aswell. Because if I don't know what I want to be, how am I supposed to know what I want to study? I honestly don't know what I want to become, I don't want to be stuck in an office, I don't want to do science, I'm not interested in law and I can't draw. What's left? All I know is that I want to travel the world and experience things and just learn things about different cultures and see all the beautiful things in the world, but as far as I know, you can't make a living of that.

Anyways, I hope I made the right decision and maybe later, I can travel the world. Hope you made/ will make the right decision!! It's all a big adventure!

















xoxo Elissa


No comments:

Post a Comment